Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Was I ever that young?!


It's been a long time between blog entries, I know. I've had the worst damned cold I can remember having for years. It dragged on for three weeks. It teased me by seeming to fade for a day or so, then surging back. Well, it seems to be gone now.

I've recently gotten involved in an e-mail correspondence with an old high school buddy. I had lost track of virtually everybody from high school, and I just got curious one day and rummaged around the web to see if I could find anybody. Much to my surprise, I ran across a woman who lived about ten miles from me. I remembered her, but I didn't know her that well. She put me in touch with the guy from my four years of French classes who maintains a class database and tries to keep everyone in touch. Our fourth year French class was the first year it was offered. there were only a few of us, and it was a very free form class. We kind of made up the curriculum together as we went along. We studied some ancient French literature, worked in the language lab, and even taught some second year French classes. It was cool. I was fluent once, but I've lost it now. Anyway, Rick has been hosting an annual barbecue for as many of the classmates as he could gather. I went Sunday and saw folks I haven't seen since 1962. It was a good time, and I'm sorry I waited so long to find these people. Stay in touch if you can.

1 comment:

JB said...

That hair is making me insane. I now know how you still have so much of it at your age.

Also - maybe we do a trip to Masa next Saturday or Sunday (next weekend) you up for that?

PS - I have the most amazing zucchini bread in the oven right now. Yes, I'm baking on a 90 degree day.